The Yellow Submarine Artisan Bread
Holidays are quickly approaching, malls and stores across india are lit with colorful lights and christmas decorations. Festive mood, christmas and new year preparation are everywhere. While many plan for their shopping list of their christmas cakes few of us are reminded about our resolution to bake that cake of our own.
Baking and december are not separable. We have good news for those in love of baking breads. Dancing with Breads by Sujit Sumitran is conducting a workshop to equip bakers of all experience levels with the tools that then need in order to create delicious artisan breads. To know more about baker Sujit and his blog check out The Yellow Submarine. Plenty of delicious holiday breads are in his site and he adding more to the line up:
Don't forget to check out his gallery and videos.
Course on how to bake real artisan breads in held in Serendipity Arts Festival, Goa.
What you can expect from this course.The Techniques of Artisan Bread Baking and more.
3 types of Sourdough Loaves for tasting:
• Rustic Loaf (made from a flour blend of stone-ground whole wheat and bread flour)
• Tadka Loaf (same as 1with Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Kadhi Pathy and Red Chillies tempered in Coconut oil)
• SeedGasm Loaf (same as 1 with a 6 seed mix – Flax, Onion, Melon, Sunflower, Sesame and Pomegranate Seeds)
The presentation and discussions will cover the following:
• What’s the art behind baking bread? (baking isn’t about a recipe – its about dancing in the moment on a day to day basis)
• Real Bread – what is it and why real bread? How different is it from commercially available bread? (Chorleywood process vs slow food process)
• Why sourdough? Flavour, health and staying power of benefits of SD.
• The myth behind commercially available whole grain loaves being healthier and why fermentation is key.
• Stone-ground flour vs commercial Atta.
• Followed by Q&A
Check on the highlighted dates and venue to see the exciting courses.
Food & Beverages Workshop | Dancing with Breads by Sujit Sumitran
When: Dec 20, Dec 21, Dec 22, Dec 23
Time: 11 am – 12 pm
Venue: Old GMC Complex and Courtyard
Course Needs registration.
Event: Serendipity Arts Festival
We are confident these fresh-baked bread technique will revolutionizes your home baking. Also do remember baking bread at home saves hundreds of rupees on groceries every year. Above all the satisfaction you get in making these are priceless.