Nuts About Nut Milk
Do you think being a vegan demands a lot of sacrifice? Truth is, it's not.
One difficult part in being a vegan is giving up milk. Most of us have grown up drinking milk since childhood.
But, the good news is you have a rather healthier and tastier substitute for milk - Nut Milk.
Nut Milk is
• an alternative for Vegans
• an alternative for people who are allergic to dairy products
• an alternative milk for your daily cereals
Nut milk has become the vegan staple. It is the extract obtained from nuts. Making nut milk is super, in just 4 easy steps. As this is home made, you can be sure of the quality.
• Soak the nuts in water
• Grind the nuts
• Blend with water
• Strain the milk
At the end of the article we have shared details of how to make nut milk.
Extract nutritious and light nut milk, from cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds or badam. Each nut milk has its unique flavour and benefits.
Use these as substitue for cow milk in savories and tempting desserts too. The list of its usaage does not end here. Use your creativity to unleash the unlimited options to use nut milk.
Why Nut Milk is Healthy and Nutritious?
Nuts are considered as nature's super food.
- Nut milk is rich in calcium and vitamins.
- It lacks protiens when compared to dairy milk.
- It is low in calorie and they are sugar free.
- Nut milk has no cholesterol.
No wonder these makes nut milk the best choice compared to milk.
Recipe for basic nut milk
- Soak 1 cup of nuts (almonds / peanuts / cashewnuts) in plenty of water.
- Keep it in fridge overnight.
- Next monrning - rinse, drain and blend the nuts with 2 cups of water.
- Blend until the nuts get broken in to smooth paste.
- Using a muslin cloth, squeeze as much milk as possible from the nut puree.
- This will yeild a cup of nut milk extract approximately.
Enjoy the benefits of nut milk and do let us know your liking in the comments box below.